Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Test Your BS Radar

Often we hear that the majority of our communication efforts are actually heard through our body language and muscular actions. Non-verbal words can speak volumes when interacting with people and what you say with your face may be heard much louder than what you say with your words. I'd like to think I'm a pretty good judge of facial expressions, but then again, we all probably think we are, right? So I was excited to take a fun little quiz today to see if my BS radar was really as sharp as I thought.

After finally finishing my long-time nightstand read of A Whole New Mind, (see one of my previous posts for more info) I decided to look into some of the exercises in the back of the book to test your right brain skills. One of the websites highlighted in the author's research is from the BBC's Science and Nature webpage. The BBC is one of the world's largest broadcasting companies based out of the UK and has a fun twenty question test you can take for free to see how easily you can detect a fake smile from a genuine smile.

I took the test and got a 19 out of 20 score! To take the test on your own, click here and see how sensitive your BS radar is to catch the next faker around the corner!

And be careful...us spotters may just pick off your fake smile a mile away.

No comments:

Post a Comment