Thursday, March 19, 2009

Nook Fiction; It's in us all

We all have stories. The one about the time our best friend made a fool of themselves in public. Or the night you laughed so hard you cried. Or the morning after you got caught in a big fat lie.

Truth and fiction live in each and every one of us, and if you're anything like me, you're usually busting to tell someone about it. Over the years, I've found that each time a new story, a big change, a dilemma, a heartbreak, a choice, or a really great joke has presented itself to me, I run to the same place everytime to let it all out - and that place is The Nook.

We all have a Nook. For some of us, it's a place in nature where it's so quiet your thoughts ring as loud as a bullhorn. For others, it's your best friend's shoulder while you share a pint of ice cream with bad TV. It may be an old park bench next to the field where you played little league softball as a kid. And even still, it may be the solace of confiding in your four-legged furry companion. Whatever your Nook may be, it's the place you love to go with all the news in the world, and it's the place where you'll find exactly what you're looking for...

Throughout my life I've had the pleasure of finding many different Nook's. All of which have come in some of the forms mentioned above. I've sorted through many thoughts, and exaggerated many stories in the Nook at one time or another and I wouldn't change a minute of those moments for anything in the world. Some of my Nooks have been my college teammate's open arms and hugs, my parent's advice over coffee and sunsets, my husband's left arm that falls asleep while we watch TV, my puppy's big sigh when we share a pillow in bed, and the quiet stillness of my favorite rock by the lake, the creek, and the river.

As change has come and new beginnings have invited new endings in my life, several of my Nooks have become farther and farther away. But the stories keep rolling, and the changes...well they'll never stop coming. And someone needs to hear about them! So I now introduce you to my new Nook. My Nook Fiction. My thoughts, my stories, and my opinions all laid out here for someone and anyone to read. I'm glad that someone might just be you.

Welcome to my stories. Welcome to my Nook Fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment