Friday, March 20, 2009

I have an addiction, sir!

I admit it. I love, love, love reality television.

I've never really thought I had a problem or an addiction as I still regularly tune into my favorite weekly sitcoms; Grey's, Desperate, Ugly Betty, Entourage. That is until I looked at my DVR list today. I can now officially say, "My name is (Nook Fiction), and I have a reality tv addiction."

I love it. I love them all. The Making the Band fights, the Real World Pranks, the MOVE THAT BUS tear jerking moments, and the most dramatic rose ceremonies...EVER. I can't get enough, and they're like my escape into someone else's ridiculous life. I feel like I know these people, and we were meant to be friends...please disregard the fact that they have no idea who I am. I have so many favorites I've had to use my friend's DVR just to record them all, (Thanks, ST). I'm embarrassed to do this, but admitting you have a problem is the first step...so here is my list:

The Biggest Loser, Making the Band (1,2,3,4), The Bachelor, Party Monsters Cabo, Project Runway, America's Next Top Model, The Apprentice, The Amazing Race, The Hills, The City, Keeping Up With the Kardashians, Jon and Kate Plus 8, Ruby, Little People Big World, T.I.'s Road to Redemption, Run's House, From G's to Gents, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Here Come the Newlyweds, and Girls Next Door. (Whew....)

But my newest favorite is Running in Heels. It airs weekly on The Style Network, Sundays at 8pm, and it's fabulous. It's a reality show (obvi) following three up-and-coming fashion interns in NYC. They all three work at Marie Claire magazine and share an apartment together (the perfect ingredients for drama). The three "characters" include:
Ashley (Left) - rude, snotty, and over-confident city girl who will do anything to get her way and will crush you with her stiletto at the first opportunity. But never fear, she's two faced, too, so you may not always see it coming.

Talita (center) - she's SO L.A. Her puppy's name is Chanel (isn't that what every L.A. girl names her dog), and I'm pretty sure she's not the brightest bulb in the pack. She's really good at talking other people into doing her work for her.

Samantha (aka: Sam) - the midwestern girl-next-door who seems to get all the lucky breaks. Ashley and Talita gang up on her and try to make her feel bad for being the nice, polite, friendly girl. She's kicking their butts on the job (so far)!

It's The Devil Wears Prada in episodes and it's a definite one to tune into for a look behind the fashion world scenes...that is if your DVR isn't already full.

2 comments:

  1. Tell the truth -- you watch it because it reminds you of your best friend V!

    And, I'm in total agreement...I can't get enough of Reality TV (and it's hard for me at times to admit my love for Making of the Band).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha you are OBSESSED with reality TV...however, I am totally tuning in to "Running in Heels" now. A few that I watch that arent on your list include "Top Chef" (possibly my favorite of all reality) and "Project Runway" (which is due to come back). Not sure if you read on my blog, but I ran in to Samantha of "The City" last night(Whitney's bf)...will write more details later.

    ReplyDelete